Saturday, December 26, 2015

All Is Calm, All Is Bright

This is my favorite part of Christmas morning. I'm not only the first one downstairs, but I'm the only one awake in the house. Within the hour, there will be laughter and commotion, wrapping paper and boxes and gifts scattered about, Christmas candy being eaten, cats playing with the scraps of tissue paper and ribbon, and the smell of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. But right now, all is calm. All is bright.








And then everyone comes downstairs, and in short order, it looks like this:












The cat's out of the bag....

Later, there will be cookies. And pumpkin pie.




Happy birthday, Jesus! I hope You enjoyed Your day as much as we did.

Join us this week and every week with Ten Things of Thankful. You won't be sorry.










8 comments:

  1. happy birthday to sweet baby Jesus for sure...

    now i'll say it frist LOL :)

    I love that time of Christmas morning too I woke up to find my daughter sitting in front of the tree staring at the gifts and the tree too...it was precious.

    hope you had a very merry Christmas

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the early morning hours, too--but I'm usually the one waking my kids up on Christmas morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry belated Christmas - to you, your family, and the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to experience this quiet Christmas morning of which you speak. I still have kids getting up way, way too early. I'm OK with it for now. :)
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That calm before the storm is beautiful. I had that, this Christmas, and it was lovely. Happy Birthday Jesus, and happy days to you (and I hope safe, less water-logged ones VERY SOON!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your message. Jesus, I hope you enjoyed your day as much as we did. Here's to Christmas joy!

    ReplyDelete